Sunday, February 17, 2008

welcome



Welcome to my new blog. It is meant to document my thoughts, ideas and work. I hope to post on a weekly basis. The word "language" implies communication. Communication implies connections. Defining those connection points is my goal here.
This painting is entitled "Language". The name came from a dream I had around the time I was completing it. In the dream I saw roman letters carved in stone that simply said "DID TOOLS END THE LANGUAGE OF MYSTICISM?" Prior to that I had been trying to put into words the intention of my work as an artist. Because my work is primarily abstract in nature I often find it difficult to verbalize it's meaning. I believe this work to be a dialogue between my consious unconsious mind.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Hmm, haven't jkept up your side of the bargain (weekly posts) huh?

shana goetsch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.